1. Are you obsessed with delivering data-driven outcomes for clients?
2. Do you have a true passion for helping businesses stay ahead of the curve with awesome, modern marketing?
3. Got at least 3 years experience in digital marketing, analytics, websites and/or SEO?
4. Are you an analytical, problem-solving “Do-er”?
5. Looking for an opportunity to help grow one of Newcastle’s leading digital marketing agencies as a key team member?
6. Can you demonstrate your ability to build strong client relationships based on tangible marketing outcomes?
Maybe we should talk.
A rare opportunity exists for an experienced digital marketing super human to join our fast-growing team here in sunny Newcastle!
A quick summary of our agency
- We exist to help our clients do innovative marketing, bringing them closer to their customers and driving real business results.
- Services focus on digital marketing and lead generation for our clients. Primary channels include SEO, content marketing, paid search, paid social, analytics/conversion optimisation and database marketing.
- Founded in May 2015, Vicinity has already become one of only a handful of Google Premier Partner agencies in Australia
- We currently work with around 70 businesses across Australia, of which 80% are based in Newcastle. Most of our clients are Small-to-Medium sized businesses turning over between $1m – $30m, with a few larger corporates and a couple of funded startups in the mix
- In July 2018, we married our sister company (wait – does that sound a little incestuous? 😋), Newcastle web design and development company Redback Solutions
- We employ a collaborative model on many projects, working with a handful of specialist providers and other agencies in design, branding, video production, etc as needed.
- Our culture is fun, supportive, energetic, results-focussed and just a little bit silly.
- We work really hard for our clients and things definitely get hectic from time to time, but we do not believe in putting unnecessary pressure on our people. Nor do we believe in forcing our people to work stupidly long hours.
The person we’re searching for
Ideally, our new teammate will be a tech-savvy, analytical problem solver who can work independently and proactively. A real “Do-er”, who loves staying up to date with all the most relevant marketing trends and technologies.
This is a senior role and we’re looking for someone who can help guide our clients into the next generation of digital agency solutions. A passionate customer-pleaser who is always looking out for way to add value to our clients’ businesses.
Preferably, you’ll have at least 3 years prior experience in a digital agency.
This particular role isn’t suited to predominantly traditional marketers looking to get into digital marketing. You’ll need to have a proven understanding of SEO, websites, analytics and digital advertising to do well in this gig.
She or he will be a highly organised person who can create, improve and follow business processes – whilst still being able to hack and hustle to get random stuff done quickly when required.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills are a must. This role involves lots of client interaction, resource juggling and collaboration with our team. So professionalism and great general business acumen is imperative.
We’re looking for somebody with leadership skills who wants to be a part of growing our business for the long term. Somebody who can take some responsibility for the growth and success of the agency and our clients’ businesses.
For the right person, there is even a potential to get “skin in the game” and become a partner in the business down the track.
The role & responsibilities
- Designing and managing key clients’ digital marketing strategies and campaigns to ensure objectives are achieved and exceeded
- Analysing clients’ websites, campaigns and other marketing activities to identify performance improvement opportunities
- Working with account managers and other team members to ensure deliverables are completed effectively and on time for clients
- Preparing clear performance reports for clients using a mixture of internally developed and industry standard tools
- Recommending new ideas, tactics and technologies to help improve results for our clients over time
- Sharing your skills, knowledge and learnings with other team members in our weekly skill share sessions
Technical skills and tools
Ideally, you have experience using most or all of the following tools:
- Google Analytics
- Google AdWords
- Facebook / Instagram ads
- Google Search Console
- Google Tag Manager
- Google My Business
- Basic coding skills great but not necessary
- Phone call tracking platforms
- Email automation tools eg. Mailchimp, Autopilot, Hubspot etc
- SEO tools like MOZ Analytics, semrush, Screaming Frog, Majestic, BuzzSumo etc
- Excel / Google Sheets
- Cloud operational tools eg. Google Drive, Asana, Zapier, etc
- Start date is ASAP but can be flexible for the right human
- F/T Permanent role
- Salary and bonuses are negotiable depending on your experience, skill level and performance.
- Hunter St, Newcastle office. Potential to do the first little while remotely if you’re currently living elsewhere and need time to move yourself to Newcastle for the role.
- Strictly no recruiters or overseas applicants please (we cannot sponsor), only shortlisted candidates will be accepted.
Sound like a fit?
Please complete application form below!