UPDATE JUNE 8, 2018: POSITION FILLED!
However, we’re always keen to meet talented digital people and roles pop up regularly, so feel free to drop us a line here ?
Account Manager / Client Advisor for Leading Newcastle Digital Marketing Agency
- Do you have a true passion for helping businesses stay ahead of the curve with awesome, modern marketing?
- Got at least 3 years experience in digital marketing, websites and/or SEO?
- Are you a problem-solving “Do-er”?
- Looking for an opportunity to help grow a relatively young digital agency as a key team member?
- Can you demonstrate a proven ability to build strong client relationships?
Maybe we should talk.
A rare opportunity exists for an experienced digital marketing super human to join our fast-growing team here in sunny Newcastle!
A quick summary of our agency
- We help our clients do innovative marketing, bringing them closer to their ideal customers and driving real results for their businesses.
- Services focus on digital marketing and lead generation for our clients. Primary channels include SEO, content marketing, paid search, paid social, analytics/conversion optimisation and database marketing.
- Founded in May 2015, Vicinity has already become one of only a handful of Google Premier Partner agencies in Australia
- We currently work with around 70 businesses across Australia, of which 80% are based in Newcastle. Most of our clients are Small-to-Medium sized businesses turning over between $2m – $30m, with a few larger companies and a couple of startups in the mix
- We employ a collaborative model on many projects, working with a handful of specialist providers in design, web dev, video production, etc as needed.
- Completely refreshed brand launching in July 2018
The person we’re searching for
Ideally, our new teammate will be a tech-savvy, analytical problem solver who can work independently and proactively. A real “Do-er”, who loves staying up to date with all the most relevant marketing trends and technologies.
This is a senior role and we’re looking for someone who can help guide our clients into the next generation of digital agency services. A passionate customer-pleaser who is always looking out for way to add value to our clients’ businesses.
You’ll need to have a solid understanding of SEO, websites, content marketing, analytics and digital advertising to do well in this role.
She or he will be an organised person who can create, improve and follow business processes – whilst still being able to hack and hustle to get random stuff done quickly when required.
Extremely strong communication and interpersonal skills are a must. This role involves lots of client interaction, task management and collaboration with our team, so professionalism and great general business acumen is imperative.
We’re looking for somebody with leadership skills who wants to be a part of growing our business for the long term. Somebody who can take some responsibility for the growth and success of the agency and our clients’ businesses.
For the right person, there is even a potential to get “skin in the game” and become a partner in the business down the track.
The role & responsibilities
- Managing assigned clients’ ongoing digital marketing projects and campaigns to ensure objectives are achieved and exceeded
- Working with team members and subcontractors to ensure tasks are completed effectively and on time for clients
- Preparing clear performance reports for clients using a mixture of internally developed and industry standard tools
- Recommending new ideas, tactics and technologies to help improve results for our clients over time
Technical skills, tools & software
Ideally, you have experience using most or all of the following tools:
- Google Analytics
- Google AdWords
- Facebook / Instagram ads
- Google Search Console
- Google Tag Manager
- Google My Business
- Phone call tracking platforms
- Email automation tools eg. Mailchimp, Autopilot, Hubspot etc
- SEO tools like MOZ Analytics, semrush, Majestic, BuzzSumo etc
- Cloud operational tools eg. Google Drive, Asana, Zapier, etc
Our company culture is fun and energetic, yet also laid-back and supportive. Whilst we take our client’s results very seriously, we don’t take ourselves too seriously! We reckon life is too short to be stressed out and we love being a little silly and irreverent sometimes… ok, maybe more often than just sometimes hehe 😛
Our clients help us put food on our tables and we pride ourselves on over-delivering for them. However, we also value our own happiness and sanity above any deadline or profit margin. You won’t be doing 15 hour days or pulling all-nighters here!
As part of our local team of 5, you’ll share our Newcastle CBD offices with one of Newcastle’s star International startups as well as one of the city’s longest-standing web development, design and hosting agencies. This puts you in an office environment with over 20 bright minds, with plenty of opportunity for cross-domain learning and professional growth.
- Start date is ASAP
- F/T Permanent role
- Salary and bonuses are negotiable depending on your experience, skill level and performance.
- Hunter St, Newcastle office. Potential to do the first little while remotely if you’re currently living elsewhere and need time to move yourself to Newcastle for the role.
- Strictly no recruiters or overseas applicants please (we cannot sponsor), only shortlisted candidates will be accepted.
Sound like a fit?
Please complete application form below!