Digital Marketing & SEO Strategist / Performance Manager Wanted!
- Do you have over 3 years experience in digital marketing and SEO?
- Are you an analytical problem solver?
- Looking for an opportunity to help grow a young marketing agency as an employee and potentially a partner one day?
- Fancy living and working in the beautiful, thriving, coastal city of Newcastle?
- Do you have a true passion for helping businesses (large and small) stay ahead of the digital curve with awesome marketing?
Maybe we should talk.
A rare opportunity exists for an experienced digital marketing super duper human to join our young, fast-growing agency team here in Sunny Newcastle.
Ideally, our new teammate will be an experienced, tech-savvy, analytical problem solver who is always staying up to date with the latest marketing trends and technologies.
He or she will be an organised person who can create, improve and follow business processes, but who can also hack and hustle to get random creative stuff done quickly when required.
Specific Job Activities
- Work with clients to identify what they’re wanting to achieve online, create strategies to achieve their objectives and then work with our project manager, other team members and subcontractors to ensure work is completed effectively
- Helping to prepare clear reports for clients using a mixture of internally developed and industry standard tools
- Spotting trends and technologies, then creating new processes and service offerings to help our clients benefit from those insights
- Monitor SEO/Content/SEM/Social/Analytics performance metrics and devise strategies to continually improve results for our clients
- Help our agency improve internal processes and client service offerings
Essential experience / skills:
3+ years experience working in digital marketing (preferably agency side), with a strong background and understanding of SEO, websites, content marketing, analytics and search advertising.Strong analytical skills. Must demonstrate creative problem solving ability and initiative to achieve positive ROI for clients.Technical SEO ability is a huge plus. If you don’t know what a rel=canonical is, then this role is probably not for you. Extremely strong communication and interpersonal skills are a must. This role will be client facing and will require lots of collaboration with our team, so professionalism along with general business acumen is imperative.
Tools & Software
Ideally, you have experience with most or all of the following tools:
- Google Analytics
- Google AdWords
- Google Search Console
- Google Tag Manager
- Google My Business
- Phone call tracking solutions
- Facebook / Instagram ads
- Email automation tools eg. Mailchimp, Autopilot, Hubspot etc
- SEO tools like MOZ Analytics, semrush, Majestic, BuzzSumo etc
- Cloud operational tools eg. Google Drive, Asana, Zapier, etc
Our company culture is fun and energetic, yet also relaxed and supportive. We’re a small, tight-knit team and whilst we take our client’s results very seriously we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We reckon life is too short to be stressed out and we love being a little silly and irreverent sometimes… ok, maybe more than just sometimes hehe We appreciate that our clients help us pay our bills and put food on our tables and we pride ourselves on over-delivering for them. However, we also value our own happiness and sanity above any deadline or profit margin.
About Vicinity Marketing
Before registering your interest, please do your research on our company to make sure you have a good feel for our us and our personality.Please have a good squizz through our site to learn more about our services, our positioning, our ethos, our team members and our clients.
Please register your interest via the form at the bottom of this page: https://vicinity.marketing/new-human-wanted/. You’ll be prompted to include a short video (1-2 minutes is fine) telling us about yourself, why you’re excited to talk to us and why you think you might be a great fit for this role.
Finer Details / Serious stuff:
- There is no set salary or urgent start date. Our director Dave is overseas until mid-July so at this stage we’re simply wanting to “put the feelers out there”, start having some conversations and give ourselves some time to find our perfect new teammate. Likely start date will probably be August or September so there is no rush from our end.
- We’re very open to engagement and remuneration options. If you’re chasing a 6 figure city agency salary, then we’re probably not a fit for you at this stage. We’re still a very young agency (we turned 2 in May!) so there’s definitely still lots of ways for us to improve and grow. We’re looking for somebody with leadership skills who wants to be a part of growing our business for the long term. Somebody who can take some responsibility for the growth and success of the business. For the right person, there is even a potential to get “skin in the game” and become a partner in the business.
- Strictly no recruiters or overseas applicants please (we cannot sponsor), only shortlisted candidates will be accepted.
- Your application will be ignored if you do not submit a video application.
Job Type: Full-time
- SEO: 3 years
- Digital Marketing: 3 years
Thanks for your time attention! 🙂