Social Media and Digital Content Manager Wanted!
- Do you have over 2 years experience in social media marketing?
- Are you a cross between an analytical problem solver and a creative ideas person?
- Looking for an opportunity to help grow a young marketing agency and work on some of our more exciting client accounts?
- Fancy living and working in the beautiful, thriving, coastal city of Newcastle?
- Do you have a true passion for helping businesses (large and small) stay ahead of the digital curve with awesome social media marketing?
Maybe we should talk.
A rare opportunity exists for an experienced social media manager / content marketer to join our young, fast-growing agency team here in Sunny Newcastle.
We’re specifically looking for somebody who can manage a handful of our largest and most exciting client accounts.
Ideally, our new teammate will be an experienced, tech-savvy, analytical problem solver who is always staying up to date with the latest social marketing trends and technologies. He or she will be an organised person who can create, improve and follow business processes, but who can also hack and hustle to get random creative stuff done quickly when required.
Specific Job Activities
- Help construct creative, scalable social content strategies
- Manage Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest content creation and publishing
- Create, manage and optimise Facebook and Instagram advertising campaigns
- Helping to prepare clear reports for clients using a mixture of internally developed and industry standard tools
- Spotting trends and technologies, then creating new processes and service offerings to help our clients benefit from those insights
- Monitor organic and paid social media and content performance metrics, then devise strategies to continually improve results for our clients
- Help our agency improve internal processes and client service offerings
Essential experience / skills:
2+ years experience working in social media marketing, with experience preferred in websites, content marketing, analytics and Facebook/Instagram advertising.
Strong analytical skills. Must demonstrate creative problem solving ability and initiative to achieve positive RO.
Extremely strong communication and interpersonal skills are a must. This role will be client facing and will require lots of collaboration with our team, so professionalism along with general business acumen is imperative.
Tools & Software:
Ideally, you have experience with most or all of the following tools:
- Facebook / Instagram ads
- Tools like BuzzSumo, CoSchedule, Hootsuite etc
- Google Analytics
- Cloud operational tools eg. Google Drive, Asana, Zapier, etc
Our company culture is fun and energetic, yet also relaxed and supportive. We’re a small, tight-knit team and whilst we take our client’s results very seriously we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We reckon life is too short to be stressed out and we love being a little silly and irreverent sometimes… ok, maybe more than just sometimes hehe 😛
We appreciate that our clients help us pay our bills and put food on our tables and we pride ourselves on over-delivering for them. However, we also value our own happiness and sanity above any deadline or profit margin.
About Vicinity Marketing
Before registering your interest, please do your research on our company to make sure you have a good feel for our us and our personality.
Please have a good squizz through our site to learn more about our services, our positioning, our ethos, our team members and our clients.
Please register your interest via the application form below
Finer Details / Serious stuff:
- We’re very open to engagement and remuneration options. If you’re chasing a 6 figure city agency salary, then we’re probably not a fit for you at this stage. We’re still a very young agency (we turned 2 in May!) so there’s definitely still lots of ways for us to improve and grow. We’re looking for somebody who wants to be a part of growing our business and our client’s businesses for the long term.
- Strictly no recruiters or overseas applicants please (we cannot sponsor), only shortlisted candidates will be accepted.
Thanks for your time attention! 🙂